Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers : INTERNET OF THINGS 2010 ("IoT for a Green Planet")
By Philippe GAUTIER on Wednesday 4 November 2009, 19:20 - Web 3.0 / Internet of Things / Internet des Objets - Permalink
Message from Mark Harrison. NB : This message is not a position paper from I-O-T.ORG but an announcement and call papers courtesy forwarded.
Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers
INTERNET OF THINGS 2010 "IoT for a Green Planet"
International Conference for Industry and Academia
November 29 - December 1, 2010
at Royal Park Hotel, Tokyo (Japan)
Organized by Auto-ID Laboratories at Keio University, ETH Zurich & University of St. Gallen and MIT
The "Internet of Things (IoT)" disrupts with the today's Internet limitations of human-entered data: technologies like RFID, short-range wireless communications, real-time localization, and sensor networks empower computers to perceive the world for themselves. Standardized infrastructures capable of managing, sharing and processing this captured data will be necessary in order to bring the Internet of Things into commercial use. This interlinking of physical world and cyberspace foreshadows an exciting endeavor that is highly relevant to researchers, corporations, and individuals.
This conference will continue the success of the Internet of Things
conference from 2008 in Zurich. It to brings internationally leading researcher
and practitioners from both academia and industry together to facilitate
sharing of applications, research results, and knowledge.
The IoT2010 particularly encourages research on infrastructure and applications facilitating environmental responsibility under the theme "IoT for a Green Planet". The three-day event will feature keynotes from industry and academic visionaries, technical presentations of cutting-edge research, reports on the user-experience from seasoned practitioners, panel discussions on hot topics, poster sessions summarizing late-breaking results, and hands-on demos of current technology.
Topics of Interest
Be sure to mark your calendars if you want to know more about:
* Green by Internet of Things / Green of Internet of Things Technology * Future sustainable technologies linking the physical and virtual world * Novel services and applications to facilitate environmental responsibility * Emerging Internet of Things business models and process changes * Communication systems and network architectures for the IoT * Experience reports from the introduction and operation of networked things in areas such as healthcare, logistics & transport * Emerging applications and interaction paradigms for everyday citizens * Social impacts and consequences: security, privacy, opportunities and risks
For more information and an advanced agenda, visit http://www.iot2010.org/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference solicits original and previously unpublished research and industrial papers. Submissions should be prepared in LNCS conference proceedings format (18 pages full-paper/10 page short paper), and uploaded in pdf at the conference submission site (detailed submission instructions will be made available on the conference homepage).
Paper submission due: March 15, 2010 Workshop proposal due: March 20, 2010 Conference dates: November 29 - December 1, 2010
Scientific contributions are expected to be published by Springer LNCS. We
are particularly interested in work addressing real-world implementation and
Jun Murai (Keio University)
- Elgar Fleisch (ETH Zurich/ St. Gallen)
- Friedemann Mattern (ETH Zurich)
- Sanjay Sarma (MIT)
- Osamu Nakamura (Keio University)
- Jiro Kokuryo(Keio University)
- Haruhisa Ichikawa (UEC)
- Naotaka Ishizawa (MTI)
- Florian Michahelles (ETH Zurich)
- Jin Mitsugi (Keio University)
Stephan Karpischek, ETH Zurich, Chair of Information Management SEC E 1, Scheuchzerstrasse 7, 8092 Zürich